[BioC] GOstats-compatible annotation package for Helicobacter pylori 26995

Klaus-Peter Pleissner pleissner at mpiib-berlin.mpg.de
Tue Oct 14 18:02:57 CEST 2008

Hi BioC,

in the BioC-mailing list I have read a lot about annotation packages for
GOstats or topGO. My question is following:
1. Is there already a user-defined GOstats-compatible annotation package
for Helicobacter pylori 26995  to perform gene enrichment analysis using
, for instance, hyperGtest ?
2. Which package should I use ? GOstats or topGO or are there others, too ?
3. How to create such new annotation package ? AnnBuilder or other
R-packages ?

 BTW, for human genes we are using WebGestalt
(http://bioinfo.vanderbilt.edu/webgestalt/)  to perform gene enrichment
analysis, but WebGestalt doesn't run for bacterial gene lists.

Thanks for hints or advices!
Klaus-Peter
--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards

Dr. Klaus-Peter Pleissner
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology
Core Facility Bioinformatics
Charitéplatz 1
D-10117 Berlin
Germany