[BioC] multicore processor

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Oct 16 22:41:26 CEST 2008

You also should have a look to Luke Tierney's website and his pnmath
code (using openMP):
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/experimental/

And there is a new mailing list for HPC: R SIG on High-Performance
computing: r-sig-hpc at r-project.org.

And there is a lot of other stuff for parallelization in R and managing
big datasets: snow, Rmpi, affyPara, aroma.affymetrix, ...

And have a look to Dirks tutorial at the UseR2008. This should be a good
starting point for optimization in R:
http://www.statistik.uni-dortmund.de/useR-2008/tutorials/eddelbuettel.html

Best
Markus