[BioC] cdf-package to .cdf-file using affxparser

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 27 07:49:26 CET 2008

Hi Sam

The easiest way forward would be for you to download a CDF file from
affymetrix site and use readCdf on that file and then study the output
of that function. The input structure to writeCdf can be complicated
at first, but corresponds exactly to the output of readCdf.

Not all information in a CDF file is contained in a CDF package, so
you cannot always go from package -> file (although often the
additional information in a CDF file is not used - but that is very
context dependent).

Why are you interested in doing this? Typically the CDF packages from
Bioconductor are just packaged versions of the Affy files, so why not
just use them directly.

Kasper