[BioC] How to get closest gene around chromosome location?[biomaRt]

João Fadista Joao.Fadista at agrsci.dk
Tue Oct 28 09:57:31 CET 2008

Hi Sean,

Concerning the getRefflat function, I can´t seem to get it to work with bos taurus nor human. Is it because I am having R version 2.6.0?

> rf <- getRefflat('bosTau4')
trying URL 'http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/bosTau4/database/refFlat.txt.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 906439 bytes (885 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 885 Kb

Error in pushBack(c(lines, lines), file) :
  can only push back on text-mode connections
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.0 (2007-10-03)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] ACME_1.8.0

Best regards,