[BioC] biomRt package to get the 3'utr sequences of refseq predicted genes

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Oct 28 19:17:58 CET 2008

Hi Harpreet,

Thanks for reporting this.  getSequence is a wrapper function that makes
thing easy to retrieve but it expect certain things such as that the used
filter is also an attribute that is retrievable.  In this case
refseq_dna_predicted is given as filter but the corresponding attribute is
refseq_DNA_predicted so these are not the same and this makes your query
fail.  I'll investigate this mismatch and try to fix it.  In the meantime
you could do your query:

getBM(c("ensembl_gene_id","3utr"), filters= "refseq_dna_predicted", values
= "XM_940223", mart = ensembl)

This should work.

Cheers,
Steffen