[BioC] dev.copy and rRcript

Warnes, Gregory R. gregory.warnes at rochester.edu
Fri Oct 31 18:13:35 CET 2008

As described by the dev.copy() manual page, dev.copy(), dev.print(), and
dev.copy2eps() all require that the device have the recording of
graphics operations enabled to function properly.  Most interactive
(screen) devices have recording turned on by default, while most
non-interactive (file) devices have recording turned off by default.

Recording can be turned on using the command
  dev.control(displaylist = "enable")
and off using
  dev.control(displaylist = "inhibit")
which should only be done when a device is initially created.

-Greg
[Original author of dev.copy()]