[BioC] Does old workspace work?

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 31 23:38:12 CET 2008

Cool, I can deal with evolution

And the archives will be a super addition to ? and google, thank you, maybe
better than google

So we biopsied shallow and deep wounds on 3 Duroc pigs and 3 Yorkshire pigs
at 1 2 3 12 and 20 weeks, this then is 60 porcine chips with 24123 probe
sets on the chip, we were interested in chip2-chip1, chip4-chip3, etc
And studied the differences with R/maanova and various biologic data
reduction steps to achieve a group of 1289 for further study

So for the fun of it,  I compared chip2-chip1 in gcrmaOld and gcrmaNew

In gcrmaOld there were no differences of exactly zero
In gcrmaNew 249/24123 were exactly zero which seems kinda funny
This affected 4 in the group of 1289 but did not change anything

9247/24123 differences changed sign which is potentially bad for this study;
but after cutting those with log ratio < .5 as too trivial to worry about in
this complex system, zero were left

I could rerun this, but given this, and that the old Mac PRO PPC took ~40
hours to run the mixed linear regression, I think the old data is just fine

And since
objNew <- as(objOld, "ExpressionSet") works would appear I am back in
business

Thank you all