[BioC] Taqman array analysis

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 4 13:51:04 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:05 AM, James Perkins
<jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Bas,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have built an eset with detector as the rows and
> sample as the columns. However I have not been able to populate it with
> delta Ct since I do not have this data.
>
> How did you calculate deltaCt? Using the proprietary software? I don't have
> access to this I have just been given the Ct and the Ct Avg for each
> detector.

There are a number of references for this (quick google search will
turn up several).  But here is one that is pretty clear, I think.

Livak, K. J. and Schmittgen, T. D. (2001). Analysis of relative gene
expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the 2(-Delta
Delta C(T)) Method. Methods 25, 402-8.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11846609

Sean

> Bas Jansen wrote:
>>
>> Hi James:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM, James Perkins
>> <jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Apologies for the long list of questions, I have searched the mailing
>>> list
>>> but can't find much info about these arrays.
>>>

>>> I am looking at low density PCR cards. They measure the expression levels
>>> of
>>> 96 different transcripts from a very small sample of human or animal