[BioC] Problem installing Biobase on Solaris

Paulo Nuin nuin at genedrift.org
Thu Sep 4 19:18:33 CEST 2008

Hi everyone

This is my first post to the list. I had experience installing and using
Bioconductor on Linux and Windows systems but I am encountering problems
installing Biobase on Solaris running on Sparc. The package compilation
works fine, with only a warning

warning: implicit declaration of function `__builtin_isnan'

the help files are generated but in the end it fails with an error also
related __builtin_isnan

** building package indices ...
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/library/Biobase/libs/Biobase.so':
  ld.so.1: R: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/lib/R/library/Biobase/libs/Biobase.so: symbol
__builtin_isnan: referenced symbol not found
Calls: <Anonymous> ... tryCatch -> tryCatchList -> tryCatchOne ->
<Anonymous>
Execution halted
ERROR: installing package indices failed

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Paulo