[BioC] Taqman array analysis

James Perkins jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 8 16:16:27 CEST 2008

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I was indeed inadvertently calculating deltaCt, but its great to know
that what I was doing was correct!

I get differences in values for deltaCt using different control genes,
but the trend is always the same and these changes are usually quite
small, except for a few occasions where there seems to have been
problems determining the value for Ct in some of the technical
replicates. (so if GAPDH had a Ct value of ~24 cycles for 2 technical
replicates, but was undetermined for 2 others). However I guess this is
more of a problem with the technology and possibly the person running
the card than with the choice of genes.

Regards,

Jim