[BioC] compiler for R running bioconductor

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Wed Sep 10 18:34:36 CEST 2008

I don't know of any IDE for R that contains a debugger, but I do use the
StatET plugin for Eclipse. It is mainly an editor for R, much like
Tinn-R, but I find it useful because it has an svn plugin that allows me
to see the Bioconductor repositories in a tree structure (like Windows
Explorer) and monitor development activity. What was Insightful
Corporation and is now part of TIBCO produced a debugger within Eclipse
for R's cousin S-PLUS, so for you developers out there it is possible to
integrate the the R engine into IDE's like Eclipse to provide step
debugging capabilities, "watch" variable evaluation, and code profiling
activities.

Patrick