[BioC] How do you keep track of your analyses

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Tue Sep 23 18:05:46 CEST 2008

> I am doing an increasing number of bioconductor analyses for various
> people and I am starting to find it difficult to keep track of what I
> have done previously.  A common question six months after the initial
> analysis is something like "Can you do the same as x but change y".  Has
> anyone got any idea on the best way to do this.
>
> The essential components to keep track of are:
> * input files
> * R code used
> * output files
> * Description of what you aim to do.

I keep each analysis (e.g. a set of related arrays) its own folder.
Furthermore, I use Sweave to keep documentation, code and interpretation
together. In order not to clutter the folder too much, I put all input
data in one subfolder, images in another ...

So far I am very happy wiht that approach.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik