[BioC] inquiry for CDF file

Rob Dunne rob.dunne at csiro.au
Mon Sep 29 03:48:09 CEST 2008

HI List,
I get the error message

  "AffyGenePDInfoPkgSeed" is not a defined class

when I try to use pdInfoBuilder, but this posted example seems to
indicate it works for some.

James W. MacDonald wrote:

> You then have to create a 'AffyGenePDInfoPkgSeed' object which you can
> then use to build the package. The help page for this doesn't really
> cover this sort of thing, so here is an example of how you would do so:
>
> pgfFile <- "MoGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.pgf"
> clfFile <- "MoGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.clf"
> transFile <- "MoGene-1_0-st-v1.na24.mm8.transcript.csv"
> probeFile <- "MoGene-1_0-st-v1.probe.tab"
>
> pkg <- new("AffyGenePDInfoPkgSeed", author = "authorname", email =
> "e at mail.net", version = "0.0.1", genomebuild = "thegenomebuilddate",
> biocViews = "AnnotationData", pgfFile = pgfFile, clfFile = clfFile,
> transFile = transFile, probeFile = probeFile)
>
> makePdInfoPackage(pkg)

library(pdInfoBuilder)
pgfFile <- "RaGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.pgf"
clfFile <- "RaGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.clf"
transFile <- " RaGene-1_0-st-v1.na25.rn4.transcript.csv"
probeFile <- "RaGene-1_0-st-v1.probe.tab"

pkg <- new("AffyGenePDInfoPkgSeed", author = "Rob Dunne", email =
"rob.dunne at csiro.au", version = "0.0.1", genomebuild = "Fri Sep 26
19:30:54 2008",
biocViews = "AnnotationData", pgfFile = pgfFile, clfFile = clfFile,
transFile = transFile, probeFile = probeFile)
#Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
#  "AffyGenePDInfoPkgSeed" is not a defined class

pdInfoBuilder is the current version (1.2.0) and R is 2.6.2

Bye
Rob