[BioC] error while loading the genefilter package [R 2.8.1. on Mac OSX 10.5.6]

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Wed Apr 15 18:27:05 CEST 2009

Massimo,
The problem is in the version of the genefilter Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
binary package you are using. I just downloaded genefilter version 1.22
for BioC 2.3 from bioconductor.org and don't see the dynamic linking to
libgfortran that is suggested by your error message:

sandbox$ otool -L genefilter/libs/i386/genefilter.so
genefilter/libs/i386/genefilter.so:
    genefilter.so (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
(compatibility version 2.8.0, current version 2.8.0)

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
(compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 476.15.0)
    /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 7.4.0)
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 111.1.1)

Try to reinstall genefilter using biocLite("genefilter") and let me know
if the problem persists. Perhaps it is with a different library. Include
your sessionInfo() in your response so I can help troubleshoot any
problems that arise.

Patrick