[BioC] flow Installation Problems

Florian Hahne fhahne at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 23 20:06:27 CEST 2009

Hi John,
it seems that you are having a general problem with your TclTk
installation on your system. The issue is really the installation of
rpanel, which relies on TclTk to be present. rpanel is a dependencies of
the feature package, which again is a dependency of flowCore. So in a
way the problem is passed down all the way from there. You should
install both tcl and tk (on a Debian system try sudo apt-get install tcl
tk), recompile R and run biocLite again.
Hope that fixes the issue. TclTk is used by many R packages and you
might run in a lot of problems without it.
Florian

Florian Hahne, PhD
Computational Biology Program
Division of Public Health Sciences