[BioC] Rredland installation difficulties

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 30 03:25:23 CEST 2009

Paul,
We currently don't support Rredland in a mac.binary.leopard format
because we don't have the infrastructure in place to support it on the
build machine. Since we build universal binaries (i386, x86_64, ppc)
on Mac OS X Leopard we usually have to build 3rd party libraries
ourselves, unless generous people in the user community build them for
us. (Thanks Gtk+ team!) With Rredland we need to install both redland
and Berkeley DB on our build machine. I have redland in place, but
need to do some research getting Berkeley DB installed. If we do move
to support Rredland in a mac.leopard.binary form, it will more than
likely be with custom builds with libraries located in /usr/local, not
/opt/local as darwin ports likes to use, just as the Tiger build is
structured. Have you tried to install the package from source? If so
what results have you had?

Thanks for the tip on the misdirected link. I suspect the Reference
Manual wasn't built properly and this the result. I'll look to correct
this.

Patrick