[BioC] EBImage Runtime Error;

Glazko, Galina Galina_Glazko at URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Apr 30 14:31:14 CEST 2009

Hi Gregoire,

Thank you very much! The installation solved my problem.

Best regards
Galina

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregoire Pau [mailto:gregoire.pau at embl.de]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:53 AM
To: Glazko, Galina
Cc: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [BioC] EBImage Runtime Error;

Dear Galina,

This issue is Windows specific. It is related to the new ImageMagick
library which is now built with Visual C++ 2008 and requires external
VC++ 2008 runtime components. These components are not present by
default on some versions of Windows.

The Microsoft VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package can be downloaded here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4
391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Just install it and EBImage will work fine.

The INSTALL documentation of EBImage will be updated asap.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Greg
---
Gregoire Pau
EMBL Research Officer
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~gpau/

Glazko, Galina wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I installed EBImage, but when I load the library it says 'an
application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly'.  I have both the recent ImageMagic (ImageMagick-6.5.1-Q16)
and GTK+ (2.14.17) installed and here is the sessionInfo()
>> sessionInfo()
> R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
> i386-pc-mingw32
> locale:
> LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252