[BioC] GEOquery installation problem

Mon Aug 3 22:01:26 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Aug 3, 2009, at 3:46 PM, zhihua zhang wrote:

> Thanks James,
>
> I tried (since I don't have root)
>
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("GEOquery",lib = '/home/izg/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-
> library' )
>
> it was failed by short of package RCurl, so I installed RCurl in '/
> home/izg/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library' as well,

It doesn't seem that all is well, because the next biocLite tries to
load the RCurlo.so file, and fails:

> then try again:
>
> biocLite("GEOquery", lib = '/home/izg/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-
> library' )
>
> Running biocinstall version 2.3.13 with R version 2.8.1
> Your version of R requires version 2.3 of Bioconductor.
> also installing the dependency 'RCurl'

> Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
>  unable to load shared library '/home/izg/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-
> library/RCurl/libs/RCurl.so':
>  libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

It seems as if it can't open the libcurl library (or maybe the
RCurl.so library itself?).

> Then I goto '/home/izg/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/RCurl/
> libs/' and found there is nothing here, all library has been deleted
> somehow. even if I copy/install those lib again,
> it always happened like this.   I tried to change the mode of this
> libraries as read-only, it's still been deleted anyhow.

What do you mean "copy and install those lib"? How are you installing
RCurl?

I'd be quite surprised if failing to install GEOquery would then cause
the system to go and remove a successfully installed RCurl library.

Try to install RCurl again by itself. Don't install GEOquery yet.
After installing RCurl, try to load it as a library:

R> library(RCurl)

I'm guessing that's going to fail. Yes?

-steve

--