[BioC] selfmade annnotation package

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Aug 5 15:34:06 CEST 2009

To build binaries you use

R CMD INSTALL --build

which will result in a binary package in your R_HOME/bin directory, as
well as the package being installed.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician
Douglas Lab
5912 Buhl
1241 E. Catherine St.
Ann Arbor MI 48109-5618
734-615-7826
>>> Mayra Eduardoff <mayra.eduardoff at gmail.com> 08/05/09 4:19 AM >>>
Ok, this might be really obvious, but I finally managed.
I am using R on Windows at the moment, so I had to download the Rtools
from
http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/Rtools.txt so that i can
compile
and install tar.gz packages.
then I compiled the .db and installed it using R CMD INSTALL.
I still don t know how to compile windows binaries... but well it works
this
way.
thanks again for your help !
kind regards
mayra

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Sean Davis <seandavi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Mayra Eduardoff <
> mayra.eduardoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I ve read the help and tried before and it is not working...
>>
>> the db is in my working directoy
>>
>> install.packages("zfv2.db", pkgs="zfv2.db",repos=NULL)
>>

> install.packages(pkgs="zfv2.db.tar.gz",repos=NULL)
>
> You will need to tar and compress the package directory, I think.
>
> Sean
>

>> get a german error message, so I guess that won't help
>>
>> Fehler in if (ok) { : Fehlender Wert, wo TRUE/FALSE nötig ist
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Sean Davis <seandavi at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> doing ?install.packages will get you help for install.packages().
>>>
>>> However, install.packages() with repos=NULL and the file path of the
>>> package should do it.  It is probably not a binary package.
>>>
>>> Sean

Can

email: mayra.eduardoff at student.uibk.ac.at

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]