[BioC] HealthCentral News Articles

Wesley Washington tengquist at unitedwaymcca.org
Thu Aug 6 08:59:27 CEST 2009

   If you are having trouble viewing this email with images, [1]click here.

   #[2]HealthCentral News Articles

                         Diabetes SHARE AND SUPPORT
                         July 9, 2009

   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [3]14,000 people with diabetes will test their blood sugar at the same time
   on July 14th. Learn how you can participate.
   [division.png]
   [spacer.gif]
   [4][651280jpg] [spacer.gif]
   [5]Diabecell Therapy for Type 1 Diabetes
   [6]Dr. Fran Cogen | Posted:  Jul 07, 2009
   [spacer.gif]
   "Diabecell is a "porcine (pig), insulin producing cell product for the
   treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus," writes Dr. Cogen. Read on to learn
   the benefits and disadvantages of this new technology.   [7]Read more>
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [box_question_top_left.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [box_question_top_right.gif]

                         [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif]

   Question of the Week
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [8]DragonMommie | Posted:  Jul 09, 2009
   [spacer.gif]
   [9]Does vision blurred by diabetes come back when the blood sugar gets under
   control?
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [10][btn_answer.png]
   [spacer.gif]

                         [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif]

   [box_question_bottom_left.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [box_question_bottom_right.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   What the Community is Saying...
   [spacer.gif]
   [11][266176JPG] [spacer.gif]
   [12]Beth McNamara | Posted:  Jul 09, 2009
   [spacer.gif]
   [13]Cool Finds from the Children With Diabetes Conference
   "I was not disappointed with the breadth of what I found," writes Beth. "I
   wandered from booth to booth, discovering new resources I didn't know were
   available, hearing about up-and-coming technology, and seeing what's on the
   horizon for diabetes management and prevention."  [14]Read more>
   [spacer.gif]
   [15][17jpg] [spacer.gif]
   [16]David Mendosa | Posted:  Jul 08, 2009
   [spacer.gif]
   [17]A Short Walk Goes a Long Way
   "We  can reverse one of the most common and insidious complications of
   diabetes when we walk just a little more," writes David. "From 50 to 70
   percent of people with type 2 diabetes and 95 percent of those who are obese
   have fatty liver."   [18]Read more>
   [spacer.gif]
   [19][110_5777.jpg] [spacer.gif]
   [20]Dr. Bill Quick | Posted:  Jul 04, 2009
   [spacer.gif]
   [21]Pill-splitting
   "Many years ago, I had read about the idea of pill-splitting to save money,"
   writes Dr. Bill Quick. "For many medications that come as tablets or pills,
   it's possible to split them in half (either with a knife or a specialized
   pill-splitting device) and take a half-dose at a time."  [22]Read more>
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]
   [spacer.gif]

   This email was sent to: . If this email was forwarded to you by another
   email recipient and you would like to subscribe, [23]click here.

   If you would like to forward this newsletter to a friend, [24]click here

   If you'd like to unsubscribe, [25]click here.

   The HealthCentral Network, 2300 Wilson Boulevard #600 Arlington, VA 22201

   (c) 2009 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved. [26]Privacy
   Policy.

   [t?c=12039&r=4&l=435&t=10&e=6012DAFFDA9BC829BAE0137D0218B5F5]