[BioC] unable to find an inherited method for function "arrayQualityMetrics", for signature "vsn"

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Aug 6 16:25:10 CEST 2009

Ciao Giovanni,

The arrayQualityMetrics function expects an ExpressionSet (or similar).
The output of vsn2 is an object of class 'vsn' that contains the model
fitting parameters. Please use the function 'justvsn' to make it produce
the transformed ExpressionSet.

This is also explained in the vignette 'Introduction to vsn' in the very
first few paragraphs.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Tonon Giovanni ha scritto:
> I am trying to perform some QC on affymetrix array data using the arrayQualityMetrics.
>
> I get the following error:
> qm_vsn <- arrayQualityMetrics(expressionset = thal_vsn, outdir = "/home/testout/vsn2", do.logtransform = FALSE)
> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
>   unable to find an inherited method for function "arrayQualityMetrics", for signature "vsn"
>
> Could somebody kindly help?
> Thanks!
> Giovanni
>
> Here is the complete code
> library("affy")
> thal <- ReadAffy()
> library("arrayQualityMetrics")
> library("vsn")
> thal_vsn <- vsn2(thal)
> qm_vsn <- arrayQualityMetrics(expressionset = thal_vsn, outdir = "/home/testout/", do.logtransform = FALSE)

> La tua mano puo' lasciare un segno importante.
> Dona il tuo 5 per mille al San Raffaele di Milano.
>
> E' SEMPLICE E NON COSTA NULLA.
> Basta indicare nell'apposito riquadro della dichiarazione dei redditi "Finanziamento della ricerca sanitaria"
> il codice fiscale della Fondazione Centro S. Raffaele del Monte Tabor:
> 03 06 42 80 153 e ricordarsi di firmare.
> Per saperne di piu':  5permille at hsr.it o vai sul sito  http://www.5xmille.org.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Best wishes
      Wolfgang