[BioC] Is it possible to analyze GOs for lists of genes obtained from a "top-down" approach?

Manca Marco (PATH) m.manca at path.unimaas.nl
Mon Aug 10 13:45:03 CEST 2009

Dear Bioconductors,

good morning. I hope my email finds you well.

I would like to ask for your help concerning a task that I suppose being quite trivial but through which I am unable to find my way.

Is it possible to get GOIDs for lists of genes obtained from (as instance) webservices or published papers?

Reading annotate and GOstats' vignettes I can only find information about processing lists obtained by microarray analyses and organized as ExpressionSets...

Could you point me to any relevant reading?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

My best regards,
Marco

--
Marco Manca, MD