[BioC] modifying smoothScatter function

Monica Pisica pisicandru at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:48:55 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use the function smoothScatter from package geneplotter. This is not a problem if i use only one set of variables, but i have several sets of variables and i would like to compare the plots. Each set has it's own range of values, so i was thinking to slightly modify the function to accept a new parameter, for example densmax, and "rescale" the real densities to the range c(min(dens), densmax).

In R i've typed the function name to get it's coding and i called the new function smoothScatt to use in my own scripts. The problem is that R does not know the function ".smoothScatterCalcDensity" which is used internally to calculate the density for function smoothScatter so i cannot use my new function, even if the right libraries are loaded (i hope). Do you have any suggestions how i can rescale the colors to be able to make comparisons?

I hope this is the right forum for this question. If not, pleas elet me know where to address this question.

Thanks very much for any input and help,

Monica

PS. SessionInfo()

R version 2.8.1 Patched (2009-01-22 r47686)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:

LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:

 [1] fields_5.02         spam_0.15-4         geneplotter_1.20.0  annotate_1.20.1     xtable_1.5-5
 [6] AnnotationDbi_1.4.3 lattice_0.17-25     Biobase_2.2.2       RColorBrewer_1.0-2  mvoutlier_1.4
[11] robustbase_0.4-5

[1] DBI_0.2-4         grid_2.8.1        KernSmooth_2.23-1 RSQLite_0.7-1