[BioC] Annotation Tools package

Brad Ander brad.ander.ucdavis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 01:40:14 CEST 2009

Thank you for the help, Alexandre.
That command worked.

We were trying to alter the contents of the myPS variable in the example file
> myPS <- c("117_at", "1007_s_at")

We tried just including as many probesets as possible in the
parentheses, but it was just not working/practical.

When we replaced it with your suggestion of
>allPS<-annotation_HGU133Plus2[,1]
we were able to get the full list of probesets from that column in the
Affy annotation and convert to Entrez gene and then use that list to
get the illumina IDs.

FYI (or anybody's), we were using the following:

Affy Probeset -> Entrez:

annotationFile <- "HG-U133_Plus_2.na29.annot.csv"
dataDirectory <- system.file("data", package = "annotationTools")
annotation_HGU133Plus2 <- read.csv(paste(dataDirectory, annotationFile,
+ sep = "/"), colClasses = "character")
allPS<-annotation_HGU133Plus2[,1]
getANNOTATION(allPS, annotation_HGU133Plus2, diagnose = FALSE,
identifierCol = 1, annotationCol = 19, noAnnotationSymbol = NA,
noAnnotationProvidedSymbol = "---", sep = " /// ")
entrez <- getANNOTATION(allps, annotation_HGU133Plus2, diagnose =
FALSE, identifierCol = 1, annotationCol = 19)
write.matrix(entrez, file = "humanentrez.csv", sep = " ")

Entrez -> illumina:

annotationFileIll <- "HumanRef-8_V3_0_R2_11282963_Ab.csv"
dataDirectory <- system.file("data", package = "annotationTools")
annotation_Illumina <- read.csv(paste(dataDirectory, annotationFileIll,
+ sep = "/"), colClasses = "character")
getANNOTATION(entrez, annotation_Illumina, diagnose = FALSE,
identifierCol = 9, annotationCol = 14, noAnnotationSymbol = NA,
noAnnotationProvidedSymbol = "---", sep = " /// ")
illuminaID <- getANNOTATION(entrez, annotation_Illumina, diagnose =
FALSE, identifierCol = 9, annotationCol = 14)
write.matrix(IlluminaID, file = "illuminaID.csv", sep = " ")

It may not have been the most perfect use of the code but it seems to
work (we are still learning).

Thanks for your help.  If there are any suggestions you feel are
important, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Brad

--