[BioC] problem with Oligo package when analyzing SNP6.0

Benilton Carvalho bcarvalh at jhsph.edu
Fri Aug 21 18:46:40 CEST 2009

Dear Ashley,

you didn't provide your sessionInfo(). It's been a while we don't use
BufferedMatrix in oligo, so I'm guessing you need to update oligo.

For genotyping SNP 6.0 chips, this is not the recommended workflow.

A) Using oligo, you should follow the vignette:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/vignettes/oligo/inst/doc/oligo.pdf

ie, pretty much:

library(oligo)
filenames <- list.celfiles()
outputDir <- "someDirThatOligoWillCreateForYou"
crlmm(filenames, outputDir)

B) We have developed an enhanced version of oligo, implemented in the
'crlmm' package, in which case you're asked to follow:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/vignettes/crlmm/inst/doc/genotyping.pdf

HTH,