[BioC] Standard deviation

Axel.Klenk at Actelion.Com Axel.Klenk at Actelion.Com
Mon Aug 24 14:21:44 CEST 2009

Dear Priscila,

if you have already computed the values you can easily plot the bars
using the arrows() function.

Cheers,

 - axel

Axel Klenk
Research Informatician
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Gewerbestrasse 16 / CH-4123 Allschwil /
Switzerland

             Priscila Grynberg
             <priscilag at gmail.
             Sent by:                  bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
             bioconductor-boun                                          cc
             ces at stat.math.eth
             z.ch                                                  Subject
                                       [BioC] Standard deviation

             24.08.2009 14:08

Dear BioCs,
I'd like to receive some help of you. I need to plot a growth curve (which
already did) with standard deviation bars (which I didn't do yet).

I already have the standard deviation values calculated. I believe I can
read the file containing those values and plot above the points in my
graphic, or calculate those values using R, and plot then.

Can you help me giving some suggestions?

tabela=read.table("irradiacao2.txt",sep="\t",skip=1)
tabelan2=tabela[,2:7]
colnames(tabelan2)=c("Pre-irradiation","0H","4H","24H","48H","96H")
rownames(tabelan2)=tabela[,1]
tabela2 = as.matrix(tabelan2)

plot(tabela2[1,],type="l", col=" blue", bty="o", lty=1, font.main=2,
ylim=c(10000000,120000000), main="Growth curves", ylab="cell number",
xlab="Hours after treatment", xaxt="n")
points(tabela2[1,], pch=1, col="blue", cex=1.0)
axis(1, at=1:6, labels=colnames(tabelan2))
lines(tabela2[2,],type="l", col="black")
points(tabela2[2,], pch=1, col="black", cex=1.0)
lines(tabela2[3,], type="l",col="blue")
points(tabela2[3,], pch=2, col="blue", cex=1.0)
lines(tabela2[4,],type="l", col="black")
points(tabela2[4,], pch=2, col="black", cex=1.0)
legend("topleft", cex=0.9, legend=c("Control RI", "Treated RI", "Control
RII", "Treated RII"), lty=c(1,1,1,1), pch=c(1,2,1,2), col=c("blue", "blue",
"black", "black"))

--
Priscila Grynberg, B.Sc., M.Sc.
Doutoranda em Bioinformática (Bioinformatics D.Sc student)

             [[alternative HTML version deleted]]