[BioC] pseudo median reference

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Aug 24 22:11:56 CEST 2009

Hi Sundar,

sundar Venkat wrote:
> Dear Users,
>                  MAplot(affy) (ma.plot function), by default considers the pseudo-median reference chip.
> I would like to know how it is calculated ? if at probe level or probe set level what does the pseudo median reference signify.

The MAplot() function takes an AffyBatch as input, so by definition the
plot is at the probe level. It is calculated by extracting the probe
data and running the rowMedians() function, which will give you a median
value for each probe.

If you want to peruse the function yourself, you can do so by

showMethods("MAplot", includeDefs = TRUE)

Best,

Jim

> can any one suggest some reference on this.
>
> thank you ,
> Sundar
>

>       See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]