[BioC] gcrma using deprecated package

Rullmann, J.A.C. (Ton) ton.rullmann at spcorp.com
Wed Aug 26 16:32:50 CEST 2009

We recently installed R 2.9.0 and Bioconductor 2.4.1.
When I run "gcrma" I get the following message:

  [begin message]
Computing affinitiesLoading required package: matchprobes

*** Deprecation warning ***
The matchprobes package is deprecated and will not be supported
anymore starting with Bioconductor 2.4. Please switch to using the
Biostrings package for efficient string manipulations. If you need
to build a probe package, please see the makeProbePackage vignette
in the AnnotationDbi package.
  [end message]

Is there a problem with the installation, and if so,
what should be done to fix it?

Thanks!

Ton Rullmann
Senior Research Scientist
Project Leader Systems Biology
Dept. Molecular Design and Informatics
T: +31 412 661423
F: +31 412 662539
ton.rullmann at spcorp.com

Schering-Plough
RK 2309
PO Box 20
5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands
www.schering-plough.com

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --- Please immediately and permanently delete.