[BioC] Different gcrma output values after upgrade BioC 2.0 -> 2.4

Rullmann, J.A.C. (Ton) ton.rullmann at spcorp.com
Thu Aug 27 12:00:28 CEST 2009

Hi,
We upgraded from BioC 2.0 to BioC 2.4. Now I note that log-intensities
computed by gcrma differ from the values I got previously, for the same
input.
For example, for one array the mean ratio of old vs new log-intensities
is 0.9996 with an sd of 0.0187.
For a second array, analyzed in the same set, the mean and sd values are
0.9991 and 0.0197.
This implies there are dozens of probe sets for which the computed
log-intensity changes by ~ 10%.

Is this "expected behaviour", that is: has the gcrma algorithm changed?

Thanks,

Ton Rullmann
Senior Research Scientist
Project Leader Systems Biology
Dept. Molecular Design and Informatics
Schering-Plough
RK 2309
PO Box 20
5340 BH Oss, The Netherlands
www.schering-plough.com

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited --- Please immediately and permanently delete.