[BioC] R-2.9.1/Bioconductor on RedHat Enterprise 5.3

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 27 18:59:14 CEST 2009

Hi Jessica --

Jessica Hunter wrote:
> Hello all. I am a long-term R user who has recently switched platforms from Windows to Linux and I am having a hard time with the syntax difference.  I am stuck on something that is likely simple, but I am stuck all the same.  I have aligned short reads using Maq 0.7.1 in RedHat and I have the ‘map’ output files as well as the ‘map.txt’ files obtained by mapview.  I am trying to input the files into Bioconductor using ShortReads, but I can’t seem to read the files in.  I can get ‘readAligned’ to work on Windows, but I need the memory from my Linux computer.
>

> I start by creating the dirPath:
>
> dir <- “~/Desktop/Maq50bp/Map_files”
>
> aln <- readAligned(dir,”s_1_sequence.map”,”MAQMap”)

what does list.files(dir, "s_1_sequence.map") say? Perhaps you want
"^s_1_sequence.map$"

I think the error below is really saying that dir/pattern matches more
than one file.

Also, you might try starting R with the 'locale' set to 'C'; those
non-ascii characters in your message make me nervous. Something along
the lines of, from a bash command line

% LC_ALL=C R

Martin