[BioC] RMA values for Affy Mouse Exon array

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Aug 28 20:41:46 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter Saffrey wrote:
> I've had success in the past using the affy package on human affy gene
> arrays. However, I can't seem to get the CDF environment setup properly.
>
> I've installed the Mouse Exon CDF from here:
>
> http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk/download/#mmcdf
>
> but I'm not quite clear about the second instruction to "attach the CDF
> to the AffyBatch object". Can anybody fill me in?

data at cdfName <- "mouseexonpmcdf"

Note that data isn't a really good variable name, as that is a name of a
function as well. R is actually very good about distinguishing between
the two, but I generally try not to mask functions with variable names.

Best,

Jim

> Sorry if this is a stupid question - I am quite new to BioConductor and
> still mostly at the copy-and-paste-and-hope stage... I've pasted my
> session at the bottom of this message.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter
>

>  > library("affy")
>
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>
>   Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>   'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>   'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.
>
>  > library("mouseexonpmcdf")
>  > data <- ReadAffy()
>  > rma <- rma(data)
> Error in getCdfInfo(object) :
>   Could not obtain CDF environment, problems encountered:
> Specified environment does not contain MoEx-1_0-st-v1
> Library - package moex10stv1cdf not installed
> Bioconductor - moex10stv1cdf not available
>  > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
>
> locale:
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
> [8] base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] mouseexonpmcdf_1.1 affy_1.20.2        Biobase_2.2.2

> [1] affyio_1.10.1        preprocessCore_1.4.0

> Search the archives:

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician
Douglas Lab