[BioC] [Bioc-sig-seq] finding consensus sites in a set of DNA sequences

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Dec 8 14:00:38 CET 2009

Hi Arici

yes. For discovering such sequences, look at the "cosmo" package:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/vignettes/cosmo/inst/doc/cosmo.pdf

For simply identifying known candidate sequences,
vMatchPattern/vcountPattern in "Biostrings" (which also offers
components with which you can build tools to try your own ideas).

Arici Pogonici scripsit 12/05/2009 11:28 PM:
> Hi dear group -
>
> please could you let me know whether there is any command in R/BioC that
> would allow to identify long consensus sites (16-20 nt length) in a set of
> DNA sequences.
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Arici
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]