[BioC] Get Gene Information

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Thu Dec 17 15:47:57 CET 2009

the question is not very well-posed, but you can do something along
these lines with biomaRt

mart = useMart("snp")
ds = useMart("snp", data="hsapiens_snp")
allatt = listAttributes(ds)[,1]
allfilt = listFilters(ds)[,1]
getBM(allatt[c(1:5,9,59,60)], filters="refsnp", values="rs206116", mart=ds)

indeed the question of what 'association' between SNP and gene is of
concern needs to be made much clearer.  if you are interested in the
eQTL concept, the GGtools package has relevant tools and example data.