[BioC] Exon array annotation with limma?

Michael Imbeault michael.imbeault at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 21 20:15:51 CET 2009

Thanks for the help James,

I did:

featureNames(eSet.gene) <- paste(featureNames(eSet.gene), "_at" , sep="")

(note the  sep="", without it the probes were like "1000 _at"). Sadly,
the end result is the same, except that as a side effect, the first
column probe links don't work anymore (because of the added _at, they
don't link to the right probe on the Affy site).

I verified that the probes in eSet.gene contain _at after the operation.
I build my eset with:

eSet.gene <- new("ExpressionSet", exprs = rma.gene, phenoData = phenoData)

Should I add annotation="huex10stv2" or "huex10stv2hsentrezg" or
something similar? Do i need the cdf file in addition to the .db one?

Thanks,
Michael