[BioC] Exon array annotation with limma?

raffaele.calogero at unito.it raffaele.calogero at unito.it
Wed Dec 23 08:19:06 CET 2009

Dear Michael,

Since we are entering in the winter holiday and I have
some spare time, I will create a stand-alone function for
gene level annotation for exon-arrays using as input a
data frame, that can be generated by limma or other
statistical tools. it will be present in oneChannelGUI and
could be extracted from it without the need of installing
oneChannelGUI.

<michael.imbeault at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>    Hello Raffaele,

>    Interesting; do you think you could provide a package
to provide the same functionality that is >present in
oneChannelGUI (for gene-level annotation, that is)? I
looked at the code and it's a bit >interwined with
the onChannelGUI environment; is there an easy way to
extract the data frame and save >it as one external
to the environment in the mean-time?

In the mean time you can extract the anntoation data frame
generated from netaffx data using:
data("huex.annotation",package="oneChannelGUI") #for human
data("moex.annotation",package="oneChannelGUI")#for mouse
data("raex.annotation",package="oneChannelGUI")#for rat

In the latest release  of  oneChannelGUI (1.12.2 ,22
December 2009) of stable Bioconductor 2.5 you can find the
latest annotations released from Affymetrix in november.
Cheers
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705417