[BioC] SimpeAffy: how to get/generate qcdef file?

Renaud Gaujoux renaud at mancala.cbio.uct.ac.za
Thu Feb 5 15:03:07 CET 2009

Great thanks.

All right, I tried it but I got these error messages:

Again unable to find the file even if I ran a setQCEnvironment giving
the clean name and the path to the file.
 > AffyQA(parameters = c("part"), raw = eset)
[1] "Retrieving grouping parameters"
Error in setQCEnvironment(genome) :
  Could not find array definition file ' sugarcanecdf.qcdef '.
Simpleaffy does not know the QC parameters for this array type.
See the package vignette for details about how to specify QC parameters
manually.

or if running qc from simpleaffy directly:

 > qc(eset)
Error in FUN(c("AFFX-Sof-actin-3_a_at", "AFFX-Sof-actin-5_a_at",
"AFFX-Sof-actin-M_a_at",  :
  subscript out of bounds

I've checked that the probe "AFFX-Sof-actin-3_a_at" exist on the array via:

 > x.mas5 <- call.exprs(eset,"mas5")
 > idx = which(rownames(exprs(x.mas5)) == "AFFX-Sof-actin-3_a_at")
 > idx
[1] 57
 > exprs(x.mas5)[idx,]

Any ideas?