[BioC] error in ls() unused arguments

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Fri Feb 6 20:22:32 CET 2009

Patrick Wijchers wrote:
> I guess my saved session is problematic...
> To confirm this, I started a new folder and made new objects and there,
> everything works like a charm.
>
> However, I can still access all my objects, so it appears all my work
> and data is not lost.... thank god for that as a start to the weekend!
>
> Is there a easy way to access these objects in a different folder, e.g.
> by copying or editing them into a new R session?

The problem, as you experience it, seems to be that loading your earlier
session compromises a number of things.

You could just try saving individual objects of importance into files
(with the command "save"), and then import them one by one in a fresh R
session (where attaching library seems to be working).

> Or does this mean I
> will have to spend some time to reproduce all my data in new session
> (which should be a lot quicker second time around)?

If you have a file in which all operations are recorded, this should be
no major issue (beside possibly the computation time).

Hoping this helps,

L.