[BioC] illumina code

Matthew Vitalone matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au
Mon Feb 9 04:26:20 CET 2009

Hi all,

I was just wanted someone to have a look at my rcode to see if it is
correct. This analysis (Illumina) arrays is comparing CAN vs No-CAN via
a common reference. I have 8 pts with CAN, 13 pts without CAN, 3 ref
along with 2 with fibrosis only (FO) and  2 with no histology (NB). The
contrast i wanted to make is CAN vs No-CAN via CAN vs Ref and NoCAN vs
Ref. Ignoring the FO and NB. I have put this code together from the
Limma and beadarry guides and general internet published documents. I
get a diff exp list at the end, I just wanted to check to see if the
analysis is correct, so I can trust the final diff exp list. Sorry, if
the code i messy, I have taught myself to use Limma and R.

Thank you,
Matt

Rcode:

*library(limma)*

*library(beadarray)*

<>*setwd("d:/Illumina_results/expset")*  <>*

BSData = readBeadSummaryData("expset-QCgood-4.txt", qcFile=NULL,
sampleSheet=NULL,sep="\t",skip=8, ProbeID="PROBE_ID", columns =
list(exprs = "AVG_Signal", se.exprs="BEAD_STDERR", NoBeads =
"Avg_NBEADS", Detection="Detection Pval"), dec=".")*  <>*

BSData.qspline = normaliseIllumina(BSData, method="qspline",
transform=NULL)*

*BSData.norm = BSData.qspline*

<>*design =
model.matrix(~-1+factor(c(1,3,4,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2,1,2,4,5,1,5
))) *

*colnames(design) = c("NC", "C", "Ref", "FO", "NB")*

 <>*design[**1:24**,1:5]*  <>*

fit = lmFit(log2(exprs(BSData.norm)), design)*

*con.matrix = makeContrasts (CvsNC = C-NC, CvsRef = C-Ref, NCvsRef =
NC-Ref, levels = design)

*

<>*fit2 = contrasts.fit(fit, con.matrix)*

*ebFit = eBayes(fit2)*

*options(digits=3)*

*tt = topTable(ebFit, n=dim(fit)[1], adjust="fdr")*

*write.table(tt, "d:/Illumina_results/expset/3mCAN_b.txt ", row.names=F,
quote=F, sep="\t")*

--
Matthew Vitalone B.Sc (Hons) PhD(progress)
NHMRC Centre for Clinical Research Excellence in Renal Medicine

Phone: (+61-2) 9845 8906
Mobile: 0416 041783
Hosp. Page: 27147
Fax: (+61-2) 9633 9351
Email: matthew_vitalone at wmi.usyd.edu.au

This electronic message and any attachments may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message would you please delete the
message and any attachments and advise the sender. Western Sydney
Area Health Services (WSAHS) uses virus scanning software but excludes
any liability for viruses contained in any email or attachment.

This email may contain privileged and confidential infor...{{dropped:10}}