[BioC] [Bioc-devel] Install EBImage

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at embl.de
Tue Feb 10 14:55:42 CET 2009

Hi Sharon, Xu,

EBImage works well on Windows with R-2.8.1. However, it needs recent and
  -developer- versions of GTK+ and ImageMagick. Don't forget to check
the 'install development tools' boxes during install.

The following installers work well:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.14/gtk+-bundle_2.14.7-20090119_win32.zip
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.4.9-2-Q16-windows-dll.exe

The next release of EBImage will considerably simplify these
installation issues using Michael Lawrence's RGtk2 or Simon Anders's
SystemRequirements:gtkmm-2.4.

Best regards,

Greg