[BioC] About beadarray Quality Assessment and Detection P value

Matt Ritchie mer36 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 02:33:27 CET 2009

Dear Alex,

To filter probes based on some cut-off of the detection p-value score, try
the code below (note, this assumes the detection scores are available. In
this example, I have selected those with scores greater than 0.99 in each
sample - you may need to adjust this for your dataset).

ind = apply(Detection(BSData)>0.99, 1, all)
BSData.filt = BSData[ind,]

As for your plot, negative intensities produce a warning after you log2 and
will be missing from the boxplot, however you should still see a figure of
the remaining data.

Best wishes,

Matt