[BioC] GOstats Annotation Package

Joern Toedling toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 17:07:53 CET 2009

Hello,

there are functions in the AnnotationDbi package for building custom
".db" annotation packages. See the vignette "SQLForge" in that package
for details. This functionality is meant to supersede the AnnBuilder
package, which could be used to generate annotation package of the
previous generation.
The package topGO allows for such a test without requiring an annotation
package. Similar to the conditional hypergeometric test, topGO also
includes variants of the hypergeometric test that take the structure of
the GO into account. See the paper by Alexa et al. (2006) for details:
http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/22/13/1600

Regards,
Joern