[BioC] Installing xps on Mac OS 10.4.11.

Thomas Hampton Thomas.H.Hampton at Dartmouth.edu
Thu Feb 26 18:29:16 CET 2009

I just grabbed a new version of R, updated all my packages and I am
running Mac OS 10.4.11.

I installed ROOT, which seems to work, at least it opens up when I
execute "root".

I am very interested in getting xps to work. I retrieved the package
xps_1.2.0.

 > library(xps)
Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
   unable to load shared library '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/xps/libs/ppc/x
ps.so':
   dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/xps/libs/
ppc/xps.so, 6): no suitable i
mage found.  Did find:
         /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/xps/libs/
ppc/xps.so: mach-o, but wrong
architecture
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'xps'

I am not a great system admin I am afraid.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tom