[BioC] Installing "lumi" package failure

toedling at ebi.ac.uk toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jan 10 15:31:57 CET 2009

Hello Gundula,

this might be a problem of conflicting package versions. I presume that
this line indicates that some Bioconductor packages are older versions
matching the outdated R-2.6

>   argument 'lib' is missing: using
> '/home/gundala/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.6'

To make sure that all the required packages are up to date and can work
with each other, I suggest you do the following:

1.) define an environment variable R_LIBS, for example by adding the
following to the file $HOME/.bashrc:

R_LIBS=$HOME/rpacks
export R_LIBS

and create that directory $HOME/rpacks.

2.) do a fresh Bioc install, using biocLite(), and this time the packages
will be installed into the just created directory.

3.) Whenever you update the version of R that you are working with, follow
the instructions for updating Bioc packages to the current version, to be
found at the bottom of this page:
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install

Once these steps are done, the installation of "lumi" and other released
packages should work. If the error persists, please get back to the list
and provide the output of sessionInfo() following the error.

Best regards,
Joern