[BioC] Probe-level rma vs. gene-level rma in "Affy"

Skewes,Aaron ASkewes at mdanderson.org
Mon Jan 12 20:53:08 CET 2009

Actually, I am a bit confused by this too. I am attempting to reconstruct the protocol that Broad Institute uses for Copy number analysis. They told me that level 2 data is Probe-level RMA and level 3 data is gene-level RMA. What I think they really do is as follows:

Level 2 is RMA for each "spot" or probe
Level 3 is RMA by gene (which should be same as probe-set), but I am unclear how they summarize each probe-set (average?). I think what I need to do is ask them for more details.

Thanks,
Aaron