[BioC] RinGO problem

Joern Toedling toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jan 13 15:06:01 CET 2009

Hi Jianping,

the problem turned indeed out to be a change in the Exonerate output
file format. Now match start coordinates can be higher than the end
coordinate if the match is on the minus strand, while previously in this
case the output file would only contain the indication that the reverse
complement of the query.
I have modified the utility Perl script "condenseExonerateOutput.pl"
accordingly, and the modified script will be in the new development
version of Ringo (>= 1.7.3) .
This new script should resolve your problem, please let me know if it
does not.

The entries in PROBE_ID are the unique identifiers of the probes on the
array and in the example data these were for probes designed on the
assembly mm5 of the mouse genome. It's no source of concern that your
probes have completely different identifiers.

Best regards,
Joern

--
Joern Toedling
EMBL - European Bioinformatics Institute
Email  toedling at ebi.ac.uk