[BioC] Call for abstracts: LASR 2009 - Statistical Tools for Challenges in Bioinformatics

A Gusnanto arief at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 19 16:19:33 CET 2009

Dear All,

                            LASR 2009
        STATISTICAL TOOLS FOR CHALLENGES IN BIOINFORMATICS
                 Leeds, UK    7th - 9th July 2009

                        CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

     ABSTRACTS OF CONTRIBUTED PAPERS AND POSTERS ARE NOW REQUESTED

            THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS IS 31 JANUARY 2009

We now invite abstracts from anyone wishing to give a contributed
presentation at the LASR workshop.  Abstracts should be one or two
paragraphs in length, outlining the work that you would like to
present. Please indicate whether you would prefer to present your work
as a short talk or as a poster presentation.

If your abstract is accepted, we will invite you to submit an extended
abstract of up to four pages for inclusion in the workshop proceedings.

The 2009 Leeds Annual Statistical Research Workshop will focus on
developments in interdisciplinary statistics and in particular the
interface
between statistical methodology and bioinformatics.

We are pleased to announce that the following leading statisticians
and bioinformaticians are expected to speak at LASR 2009.

     Clive Bowman (University of Reading)
     Richard Jackson (University of Leeds)
     John Kent (University of Leeds)
     Kanti Mardia (University of Leeds)
     Sylvia Richardson (Imperial College, London).
     Willie Taylor (National Institute for Medical Research)
     Douglas Theobald (Brandeis University)
     David Westhead (University of Leeds)
     David Wild (University of Warwick)
     Ian Dryden (University of Nottingham)
     Fred Bookstein (University of Washington and University of Vienna)
     Wally Gilks (University of Leeds)
     Peter Henderson (University of Leeds)

For more details, please see the workshop web site

               http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/lasr2009

--
Dr. Arief Gusnanto and Dr. Stuart Barber
LASR 2009 - Statistical Tools for Challenges in Bioinformatics
Leeds Annual Statistical Research Workshop,
Department of Statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT
web: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/lasr2009