[BioC] Expressionset from ArrayExpress processed data

Yovanny Izquierdo Núñez yovanny at ibp.co.cu
Tue Jan 20 22:21:19 CET 2009

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your suggestions. Here's an example of how to create a data.frame from a sdrf file as explained in 'ExpressionSetIntroduction.pdf'  (provided that the file is in the current working directory):

  pData <- read.table("file.sdrf", row.names = 1, header = TRUE,  sep = "\t")

>From here it is possible to follow your suggestion.

However, I found that my expression data contains 3 replicates per array, but these are not treated separately in the pData (I have 3 times as columns in the expression data as elements in each pData slot). So obviously I get the error:

> eset <- new("ExpressionSet", exprs=exprs, phenoData=phenoData)
Error in validObject(.Object) :
  invalid class "ExpressionSet" object: 1: sample numbers differ between assayData and phenoData
invalid class "ExpressionSet" object: 2: sampleNames differ between assayData and phenoData
In addition: Warning message:
In sampleNames(assayData(object)) == sampleNames(phenoData(object)) :
  longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

Any ideas of how can I make them match?

Thanks
Yovanny