[BioC] Rgraphviz crashes R (Vista x64)

Sim, Fraser Fraser_Sim at URMC.Rochester.edu
Wed Jan 21 23:45:10 CET 2009

Hi-

I'm having problems trying to sue Rgraphviz on a new Vista 64 install.

I have installed graphviz 2.20.3 and added the path in my PATH variable.

The following code runs without error (from Rgraphviz.pdf).
> library("Rgraphviz")
> set.seed(123)
> V <- letters[1:10]
> M <- 1:4
> g1 <- randomGraph(V, M, 0.2)

The package loads correctly. At this point here is the result of
sessionInfo():

R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods

[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] Rgraphviz_1.20.3 graph_1.20.0

[1] cluster_1.11.12 tools_2.8.1

However, when I run:
> plot(gi)

RGUI.EXE crashes. Please help, I was able to use Rgraphviz no problem
with WinXP 32-bit.

Thanks,
Fraser