[BioC] introduction - flowCore user

Steve Lauriault stevan at lauriault.com
Thu Jan 22 15:28:13 CET 2009

Hi Nolwenn,

Thank you for your response.  I reinstalled packages lattice, latticeExtra
and flowViz, then went through the tutorial again.  Plot(x) still returns
the same error:

Error in UseMethod("splom") : no applicable method for "splom"
Error in print(splom(x, pch = pch, ...)) :
error in evaluating the argument 'x' in selecting a method for function
'print'

seesionInfo() returns:

R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] tools     tcltk     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
[8] methods   base

other attached packages:
 [1] flowViz_1.6.1      latticeExtra_0.5-4 lattice_0.17-20
RColorBrewer_1.0-2
 [5] flowCore_1.8.0     Biobase_2.2.1      feature_1.2.0      ks_1.5.10

 [9] rpanel_1.0-5       KernSmooth_2.22-22 rrcov_0.4-08       pcaPP_1.5

[13] mvtnorm_0.9-4      robustbase_0.4-5

[1] AnnotationDbi_1.4.2 cluster_1.11.12     DBI_0.2-4
[4] geneplotter_1.20.0  graph_1.20.0        grid_2.8.1
[7] MASS_7.2-45         RSQLite_0.7-1       stats4_2.8.1

---

To elaborate on my second question, let us say that I have a single FCS 2.0
file located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Data\filename.fcs

And a folder of FCS 2.0 files located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Data

Can I extract this data folder as a flowSet?  If so, where and in what
format do I plug the folder location information into:

fcs.loc <- system.file("extdata",package="flowCore")
file.location <- paste(fcs.loc, dir(fcs.loc), sep="/")
samp <- read.flowSet(file.location[1:3])

Thanks again,

Stevan Lauriault
Founder, President and C.E.O.
Lauritech Inc.