[BioC] Limma: design matrix

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:14:50 CET 2009

I cannot speak for the experience of others, but some small
experiments we did with Agilent arabidopsis arrays with 2 arrays per
slide did not find a slide effect.  We did find a batch effect - i.e.
arrays run in a batch are more similar than arrays in different
batches.  But arrays within slide did not appear to be more similar
than arrays within batch.

Regarding the duplicate spots - just sort the genes by geneId before
analysis and use spacing=1.  The effect of spot duplication is
usually much larger than the effect of position on the array.

--naomi